Lodi LOH-dye is a city in Columbia County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 3,050 at the 2010 census.
Lodi is part of the Madison Metropolitan Statistical Area. Isaac Palmer founded the village of Lodi in 1846 in what was then the Pleasant Valley Precinct of the Wisconsin Territory. He named it after Lodi, in Italy. Palmer chose this glaciated valley as the location for the village because of its water power potential. Spring Creek powered a sawmill that year and a grist mill followed in 1850. Frank T. and Polly Lewis HouseLodi School Hillside Improvement SitePortage Street Historic DistrictLodi is located at 43°18′51″N 89°31′51″W (43. 314296, −89. 530994). According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1. 77 square miles (4. 58 km2), all of it land. Spring Creek, which runs from the Lodi Marsh through downtown Lodi and empties into Lake Wisconsin, is a local spring-fed brown trout stream. Portions of the creek do not freeze over the winter and thus serve as host to brown trout and waterfowl, particularly mallards.